Photo Blogging or Picture Blogging is a form of blogging that is done with the help of photos. In photo blogs, bloggers share photos and publish those photos in format of a blog. In a normal blog, bloggers mainly focus on text rather than pictures whereas the focus of blogger in a photo blog is completely on photographs and that is the difference between a blog and photoblog.
You can find photo blogs on the internet in following ways:
- Photo Blog on a Personal Website
- Photo Blog on a Blogging Service like Blogger
- Photo Blog on a Photo Sharing Website such as Flickr
Following are advantages of having a photoblog:
- A photo blog is more attractive than a normal blog because pictures appeal people more than text.
- A photo blog can be created easily than a normal blog and will help you save sufficient amount of time.
- In a photo blog, you post pictures rather than text, so you don’t need proofreading for a photoblog.
- If display ads appear on your blog; then, you will be able to make money from your photoblog. Google AdSense can help you earn money from a photo blog.
Photoblogs have some disadvantages as well which are mentioned below:
- It is difficult to optimize a photo blog because pictures weigh less than text in search engine optimization.
- You can’t put any picture on your photoblog; you should be seriously concerned about copyright issues while putting a picture on your blog.
- Minor editing may be required for pictures to make those pictures good fit for your photo blog.
- You will not get text based ads on a photo blog because focus of a photoblog is on pictures.